Welcome to SCPA
SCPA fund Chromebooks
SCPA Fund New Books
The St Christopher's Parents Association
We work together to organise events and raise funds to support your children’s learning and to make the environment at St Christopher’s the best it can be. SCPA provides a link between school, home and the wider community and works best when everyone helps. All parents are automatically members of SCPA when their child joins the school.
There are many ways you can contribute to raise much needed extra funds for your child’s school.
Ø Become a committee member including Chair, Treasurer or Secretary. A committee member can contribute as little as a few hours a year. The main roles are to attend SCPA meetings (no more than 6 a year), help organise events i.e. putting forward ideas, buying supplies, running a stall. We also go out socially at least once a term.
Ø We are always looking for volunteers to help at events. This can be setting up, clearing up, running a stall or maybe you have a skill you think would be useful. Volunteers aren’t always needed to help at school. We have a lot of tasks that can be achieved in the comfort of your own home. Even if you can only offer an hour a year it would really help.
Ø Do you work for a business who may be willing to donate services or products to the school? We don’t just ask for your time, if you think you could help SCPA in this way, then please let us know.
Twitter @scpachair or on email at email@example.com
SCPA Committee Member
Headteacher - Rachel Veeder
Chair Vacancy (please contact the committee if you are interested)
Secretary Vacancy (please contact the committee if you are interested)
Treasurer -Sarah Whitlock
Publicity -Nicki Jenkin
Second-Hand Uniform -Sarah Rowlands, Nikki Wilkinson & Nicki Jenkin
Examples of where the money SCPA raises goes:
· Chromebooks purchased for use by the children
. Shelving for the school library
· £500 worth of books
· Interactive whiteboard for Hazel classroom
· SCPA donates £20 per child per year towards school trips, including the annual pantomime
· New recycled plastic picnic tables to replace old broken concrete ones
· New large rug for Maple classroom
· Portable fencing for outside classroom
There are several ways you can get in touch with us. Either chat to one of the committee members at school, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FaceBook page @SCPAlangford
For minutes of earlier meetings, please contact the School Office.
Ways that you can help raise money
- Recycle clothes and fabric in the Ragbag bin in the school car park.
- Buy uniform from the Tesco uniform service – Uniformeasy.com - to earn 5% cashback for our school
- Register for Easyfundraising.org.uk and raise money when you buy online - see below for more information
- Buy second hand uniform. We have a large box of good quality second hand uniform donated by familes. If you need to replace uniform please leave a note for us in the school office stating your contact details and a list of what you require. We have a large stock of jumpers, tops, trousers etc and some fleeces and coats.
Do you shop on-line
There’s now a new and easy way for you to help us raise funds for St Christopher's School - simply by shopping online!
easyfundraising is a shopping directory that features some of your favourite online stores, including Amazon, NEXT, Debenhams, John Lewis, Toys R Us, HMV and over 400 others. All you have to do is use the links on the easyfundraising site whenever you shop online and, at no extra cost to you, we will receive a free donation of up to 15% from every purchase you make. It really is that simple!
It is completely FREE to register and use and you still shop with each retailer in exactly the same way. Many retailers even offer additional discounts and money saving e-Vouchers when you shop using easyfundraising. If you shop online anyway then why not raise valuable extra funds for us by using this fantastic scheme. All you need to do is visit the easyfundraising website and when you register, select St Christophers CE School as the organisation you wish to support.