Welcome to the PTA section.
The St Christopher's Parents Association
The SCPA are a group of voluntary parents & teachers whose aims are:
- To raise funds to enrich the resources of the school.
- To support the school in the education of our children.
- To foster links between the School and the local community.
All parents are automatically members of the Association. Parents/friends may wish to put themselves forward as members of the Committee or add their name to the list of volunteers who can be called upon for help when needed. If you are interested in becoming a Committee Member, or would like to add your name to the volunteer list or if you would like further information, please speak to a Committee Member or to the School.
Minutes of SCPA meetings can be found here on the web site and in the green wallet on the SCPA notice board (outside the Head Teachers office). There is now a SCPA noticeboard in the playground outside Cherry Class window.
You can also contact us on:
Twitter @scpachair or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook (Ali Vice chair) St Christopher's Parents Association
SCPA Committee Members
|President||Shaw Goodwin, Head Teacher|
Minutes of SCPA meetings
For minutes of earlier meetings, please contact the School Office.
- Ink Cartridges: Emma Turner
- Ragbag: Belinda Oakey
- Publicity/Advertising: Sarah Richard
- Second Hand uniform: Fiona Curzon
- Easy Fundraising: Fiona Curzon
- Social Secretary: Louise Jones
Ways that you can help raise money
- Recycle clothes and fabric in the Ragbag bin in the school car park
- Bring in used Ink cartridges (see more about this below) and plastic bottle tops (collection boxes outside the school office)
- Buy uniform from the Tesco uniform service – Uniformeasy.com - to earn 5% cashback for our school
- Register for Easyfundraising.org.uk and raise money when you buy online - see below for more information
- Buy second hand uniform. We have a large box of good quality second hand uniform donated by familes. If you need to replace uniform please leave a note for us in the school office stating your contact details and a list of what you require. We have a large stock of jumpers, tops, trousers etc and some fleeces and coats.
Do you shop on-line
There’s now a new and easy way for you to help us raise funds for St Christopher's School - simply by shopping online!
easyfundraising is a shopping directory that features some of your favourite online stores, including Amazon, NEXT, Debenhams, John Lewis, Toys R Us, HMV and over 400 others. All you have to do is use the links on the easyfundraising site whenever you shop online and, at no extra cost to you, we will receive a free donation of up to 15% from every purchase you make. It really is that simple!
It is completely FREE to register and use and you still shop with each retailer in exactly the same way. Many retailers even offer additional discounts and money saving e-Vouchers when you shop using easyfundraising. If you shop online anyway then why not raise valuable extra funds for us by using this fantastic scheme. All you need to do is visit the easyfundraising website and when you register, select St Christophers CE School as the organisation you wish to support.
Recycling used ink cartridges...and now mobile phones as well!
As mentioned above you can also help us raise funds for St Christopher's School by recycling your used ink cartridges.
Emma Turner would be delighted to take these used and unwanted ink cartridges off your hands and by doing so she can collect funds for the school. Not every single ink cartridge can be recycled for fund through our colleagues at officergreen.co.uk but if you visit their website, or have a look at this document below then you'll find out if those in your printer will be some use to us when they are no longer of any use to you! And if you have any mobile phones then we can recycle those.
So bring them in and leave them in the school office for collection by Emma.