Eco Committee 2022 - 2023
Congratulations to Isla, Emilia, Lana, Elise, Joshua, Noah, Dom, Ned, Amelia, Amelia and Oliver who are our fantastic new Eco Warriors this year!
Eco Committee are very excited to announce a special day that they are holding on Thursday 2nd February!
They will be partly raising funds for the Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire Wildlife Trust and partly asking for donations towards their school Biodiversity project as part of their application for the Eco Green Flag Award.
All children are invited to come to school wearing black, white and/or grey clothes (the colours of the badger logo).
Eco Committee are also asking for any donations please, which are listed below:
- Cakes / biscuits for an after school Bake Sale,
- bird feeders, bird baths, bat boxes,
- bird seed, fat balls, mealworms (no nut based bird food please),
- seeds, bulbs or plants to support bees and butterflies,
- vegetable plants and fruit trees.
If you are an amazing gardener and currently dividing plants then any we would also welcome those plants too!
Our first meeting of the year was to discuss getting new recruits to our team and how we were going to set up the Eco Committee for the year. We talked about the process for gaining a Green Flag and what we will need to do in meetings and at school.
We had a great meeting in which we completed our Environmental Review. The questions induced lots of discussions and ideas for how to improve school.
Our three areas to work on will be:
Our strongest area was School Grounds which we were really pleased about.
We're all looking forward to now writing our Action Plan and starting with our projects after half term.
During this meeting we discussed our Action Plan and made decisions on key areas to work on plus a timeline. You can see our Action Plan below.
We're super excited about starting our plan now. We're going to begin with choosing our Energy and Littering monitors and making posters for the school.
We met today to re-visit our Action Plan and discuss our next steps. We have made some exciting plans for next term, including:
- A fundraising day for a wildlife charity and school so that we can start our biodiversity project.
- A whole school assembly to discuss littering plus introduce our anti-littering posters and bin monitors.
- Being part of the Keep Britain Tidy 'Great Big British Spring Clean' in March and what we will be doing.
We're really looking forward to coming back to school in January and starting our projects!
Today we started work on posters and information for our fund raising day that is coming up this term. We have decided to ask for donations to improve the biodiversity in the school grounds.
We will ask for:
- Bird feeders, bird food, bat boxes and bird baths.
- Seeds and bulbs for re-wilding.
- Plants that are good for bees and butterflies.
- Vegetable seeds/plants and fruit trees.
Some of the children also started work on our assembly which is at the end of term and all about our charity day.
Today we practised our assembly which is all about our charity day. We have added in some important questions about how the Wildlife Trust vision links to our own school vision and values. We also made she we knew the plan for the day and we talked about how we will be organising the Bake Sale for the end of the day too.